POLICY ON PRIVACY, DATA, COOKIES AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We know how important your privacy is to you, and its important to us that you feel safe and secure on our websites. We want to make sure that you have the very best experience of our services, shops, or/and websites and so we may sometimes ask you for certain information and you may send personal data to us (such as your name, email address and contact details) when you subscribe or sign up to our site, to allow us to do that.
We may also record which parts of our services, shops, or/and websites you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and services, shops, or/and websites use. Most of the time we’ll use this data anonymously. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy. In some cases the data you provide may be used to:
- process your order, your User Content, your subscription to our services, shops, or/and websites and to enable your use of our services, shops, or/and websites and associated services;
- open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- generally run our services, shops, or/and websites.
By subscribing and submitting your data you agree to this use.
We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not resell or use your data in any ways other than those that you have given us permission for. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect please contact us as described below and we will correct or remove the data as you request, as soon as reasonably practicable.
Marketing User content
If you wish to receive updates, promotions, and sneak peaks of upcoming products via a newsletter you can sign up for that in the newsletter form. We will not sell or trade personal information to other companies and we won’t send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our services, shops, or/and websites) and your visit to our services, shops, or/and websites, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our services, shops, or/and websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our services, shops, or/and websites according to your individual interests and provide a more personalized experience to you.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize you when you return to our services, shops, or/and websites.
- Provide relevant advertising based on your past internet use.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our services, shops, or/and websites. They are set by the operators of that services, shops, or/and websites and are not in our control. They may be set by Pinterest,Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on our services, shops, or/and websites.
Some cookies that we use allow adverts to be shown to you based on the pages you have visited before and show adverts for our services, shops, or/and websites on third party pages in their advertising banners. These cookies allow us and the third parties to manage these adverts and to make them work better such as by seeing how the adverts you see and interact with are related to visiting our services, shops, or/and websites. The data collected from these may be based on data such as your age, gender and interests.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
If you want to switch off cookies you can opt-out of them by disabling cookies on your computer. You may also want to use these opt-out tools:
If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, app or services, shops, or/and websites?
When ordering or registering on our services, shops, or/and websites, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our services, shops, or/and websites.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the services, shops, or/and websites, or use certain other services, shops, or/and websites features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our services, shops, or/and websites in order to better serve you.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email, inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We use an SSL certificate Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our services, shops, or/and websites as safe as possible.
- On our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites we use regular Malware Scanning.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Compile aggregate data about services, shops, or/and websites traffic and services, shops, or/and websites interactions in order to offer better services, shops, or/and websites experiences and tools in the future.
- Process your order, your User Content, your subscription to our services, shops, or/and websites and to enable your use of our services, shops, or/and websites and associated services.
- Collect and store anonymous statistical data about visits to our services, shops, or/and websites.
- Open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service.
- Generally run our services, shops, or/and websites.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, please look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your service, shop, or/and website experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our services, shops, or/and websites, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our services, shops, or/and websites policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our services, shops, or/and websites. These third-party services, shops, or/and websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked services, shops, or/and websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our services, shops, or/and websites and welcome any feedback about these services, shops, or/and websites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking on
our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- As soon as reasonably practicable
We will notify the users via in-site notification on our owned and operated services, shops, or/and websites
- As soon as reasonably practicable.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or services, shops, or/and websites headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email from our contact page.
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2017-08-18